Thursday, June 23, 2011

first post

This blog is written by a current HBS student. It will feature a lot of content that is HBS-related, including:

1. Admissions advice (when I feel like recounting the good old application process days) – interviews, essays, reccs, etc.
2. Tips on life once you get to HBS – gleaned from my experiences, my friends during this experience, and many graduates of HBS that I keep in touch with from many different fields.
3. General thoughts on HBS alums doing different things in the world
4. Stories / occasional videos / pics from HBS events and from around campus here in Cambridge
5. Answers to your questions. Feel free to email me at hbstips1@gmail.com if you have any personal questions relating to HBS. If you grant me permission I may elect to publish an answer to your question, if I feel it is relevant to the reader base.

Generally, I am writing this because I feel that HBS is a place that is really dynamic, awesome, intellectual etc – but without proper guidance, it’s easy to get lost and confused about what the experience is meant to be – which is really a journey of self-exporation and identification. Too many people get caught up in the herd mentality here at HBS (something to definitely avoid) and the two years fly by without much personal growth and progress. The purpose of these writings and posts is to just “keep it real” for everyone attending or considering Harvard Business School.

No comments:

Post a Comment